So, what do Susan Mac Nicol, Harper Fox, KC Wells, Sue Brown, Rhys Ethan, Aleksandr Voinov and RJ Scott have in common? Well, the answer is that they’ve all pooled their time and resources for one lucky person and their guest to join them at an intimate lunch event at a cosy, central London restaurant. You’ll both be wined and dined, there will be great goodie bags for you, and each one of these authors will sign a copy of a book you fancy having in your library.
Why are they doing this? One reason is they all love their readers. The other one is a little more serious. Susan Mac Nicol is a trustee for The Being Me Campaign — www.beingmecampaign.com — and this is one of the ways these authors are trying to help Susan raise money for the organisation. Susan’s fellow authors have been incredibly supportive giving her their time and contributing to the event. Ditto for the Being Me Campaign Chairwoman and co- founder, Tracy Shayler, who’ll be joining them at this dinner. So, there’ll be a table for eight set up for them- who will be the other two people who’ll be there for this evening of fun, food and laughter no doubt, and the opportunity to ask us anything you ever wanted to know about them, their books, the genre or the charity?
Pictures will be taken and there may even do some live streaming from the event.
You can donate and participate here : Being Me Author Lunch Event
The date of this dinner is Saturday 14th January 2017. A venue has not yet been determined but it will be in central London, chosen for easy access. The time is 12h30 pm. Dress is whatever makes you feel comfortable.
All you need to do to participate in this exciting event is donate £5.00 (or more if you fancy) to the charity over the next 30 days. The winner will be announced on the 22nd December, just in time for Christmas. Make sure you click the £5.00 donation sum if you’re only buying one. For every £5.00 you donate, you are entered into the draw again for the prize. There is only one winner chosen.
The competition is open to anyone all over the world of course because we didn’t want to discriminate. Logic tells us however flying in from abroad for this event might not be feasible. However, that’s your call if you donate* and you win!
We’re sorry that this event is limited to the UK but we didn’t see how we’d be able to facilitate this any other way.
There are some terms and conditions, and you can read them below. Please make sure you read and understand them because the organisers would hate you to be disappointed about anything. If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
*There are limitations to this offer so please read the terms and conditions. chuffed.org also add 0.35p to your donation so the final amount will be £5.35. If you want to only donate £5.00, please enter the amount as £4.65. NOTE: chuffed. org will also add an optional payment to your donation- please ensure you remove this so you aren’t charged for it on the payment screen.
Your donation constitutes your ‘raffle ticket’ to enter the draw. Should you not win the lunch prize, donations will not be refunded.
The ‘Event’ – the dinner at which Attending Author/s will be present
The ‘Event Organiser/s’- the team arranging this event
The ‘Attending Author/s’ – one of the named authors appearing in the list of dinner guests
The ‘Winner/s’ – the person chosen by the random generator to be the head guest together with their chosen guest
The ‘Venue’ -the place at which the event is taking place and which is named above
The ‘Date’– the chosen date at time of your donation
The ‘Time’ -the time of the lunch event taking place
The ‘Parties’ – all the people attending the lunch event
- These named ‘Attending Author/s’ have kindly agreed to be part of this ‘Event’ but the ‘Event Organisers’ reserve the right to substitute or cancel names attending should there be unforeseen events leading to one or more of them not being able to participate.
Every effort will be made to substitute another ‘Attending Author’, but this is not guaranteed.
- The ‘Date’ and ‘Time’ has been set and will not be subject to change by the ‘Attending Author/s’ unless there are extreme If this happens, the winners will be contacted and discussion for an alternative date will take place.
- If a rescheduled and mutual date cannot be arranged between the original ‘Parties’ within 1 (one) week, the original winner will be refunded their donation in full and another winner will be chosen to attend the lunch on the planned alternative date.
- *If the ‘Winner’ chosen is not based in the UK, or within reasonably close commuting distance, it is up to them, should their donation be chosen, as to whether they attend the event. This period of notification to advise whether they will attend will be limited to 72 hours after being informed of their winning status. If they cannot attend, then another winner will be drawn and after 72 hours, the same caveat will apply. Their donation will not be refunded.
- The ‘Winner/s’ will be expected to make their own way to the venue, and no costs will be borne by the ‘Event’ for any costs, transport, accommodation or other costs, incurred by the ‘Winner/s’
- The ‘Event Organisers’ also reserve the right to change the ‘Venue’. Every effort will be made to keep this event in the general locale of the originally named ‘Venue’ in central London.
- Unless advised otherwise prior to the event, the ‘Winner/s’ allow the use of their picture/s for anything taken during the event in any relevant social media streams and networks.
If you decide to donate – thank you so much and we wish you the best of luck in the draw!