Keeping on top of all the social media that’s needed to keep you and your books in the readers’ eyes, is a daunting task. There are so many little things to be aware of. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, tumblr, YouTube, Your blog, your website – to name but some of them. Especially when all you want to do is get your word count up so you can meet that deadline you have to submit your latest work in progress to your publisher, or if you self publish, into CreateSpace or Smashwords. Hopefully that’s where we can help. Offering a range of social networking services to suit any pocket is what we do.
Social Media Advice Online Coaching session ($65) Skype or Facebook Video chat – 1 hour
- I’ll check out your existing Author social media links before the call
- I’ll assess what an author already has in place, do some research on what the book/genre is about beforehand and review the author’s current social media platform
- During the call, feedback would be provided and discussed with the author and advice given as to what could perhaps be done to enhance their profile
- Discuss specific improvement recommendations to optimize and enhance content, aesthetics, visibility, and reader participation, look at potential ‘hooks’ or USP’s to draw on in promotion.
- I’ll provide you with a written report detailing steps I think you can take to enhance your visibility and specific brand
Editing and Proof Reading Services
I’m also available for editing author manuscripts. Here’s the basic info you’ll need to know before we start.
- I edit most genres, but I’m geared towards romance, any heat level, suspense, contemporary, thriller, detective mystery.
- I’ve worked in both US English and UK English before
- I’ll send you a Style Sheet detailing certain elements of an edit and you can tell me more about your story by letting me know your preferences
- I’ll track all the changes so you can see my recommendations
What services can you expect from a copy/line edit?
- Spelling, grammar, punctuation, word usage
- Point of view structure, so a reader isn’t thrown off by head-hopping
- Consistency of language, phrases, details used throughout the story, basic fact checking
- Abbreviations, contractions
- General flow of the story, highlight obvious plot issues, structure problems
- Redundancy and verbosity issues
Copy/line edit 0.0065 per word
Proof Reading (the final MS) 0.0045 per word
All prices are in US currency, and payment is via PayPal.
Developmental edits – due to time constraints and other factors, this can be discussed by arrangement.
I’m happy to do a free sample edit of the first 2500 words of your novel so you can get a flavour for how I work.
Contact me via the contact form or email me at susan at authorsusanmacnicol dot com
Book trailers and teasers
I’m happy to create these for you if you fancy one. You can see the ones I’ve done down on my YouTube channel
I can also create book teasers in comic/graphic art format (see one of mine –SOUL OF DISCRETION -for an example) . Depening on what you want and how many pages it is, it can cost from $5-$60 for a full comic promotion. Below is an example of what a page looks like.
Creating a book trailer $10 – $20 depending on requirements and length
The trailer will generally be approximately 1.5- 2.5 max minutes long and be specific to your book. Images used will be either the author’s own, purchased ones so as not to contravene copyright. Music will be sourced the same way. Trailer can be uploaded to the author’s YouTube, Vimeo, Animoto or other video channels. It can be promoted via any of your own social media outlets.
Script writing and script doctoring / converting existing script to a published novel
If you need a second pair of eyes to review your script, or want to have your screenplay converted to a novel, or need a novel written into a screenplay, please get in touch. We can discuss what happens next and agree some pricing options.
Two scripts I’ve written have won awards and I’m understandably quite proud of that achievement.
SIGHT UNSEEN (WITH NICHOLAS DOWNS)
REEL LIFE (TV PILOT)
If you want to find out more about any of the services I offer, please email me . If you don’t see anything you like, or have something else in mind then contact me and let me know what you fancy.